Road trips are fun! You get to see a lot of scenery and experience once-in-a-lifetime events during your journey. You not only save money but, most importantly, you also have total control of what you want to happen (which route to take to reach and which Sydney accommodation to book) – all throughout the trip.
Before you head out on that road trip to Double Bay, here are 4 things to remember:
1. Prepare your road essentials!
Road trips, in general, require some amount of preparation, this often depends on the length of your trip. If you are coming from a far state, you will most likely need more supplies, food, money, and so on. Here’s a quick list on what you should have before journeying on the road:
- Car essentials – always leave with your car in tip-top condition:
- License and registration
- Insurance with emergency contact people and their numbers
- Car manual
- Spare tires (with a jack and tools for changing tires)
- Emergency kit (light sticks, warning triangles or reflective cones, a reflective vest, battery starters/boosters with cables, tire pressure gauge, and a raincoat)
- Road trip necessities – these things will help you along the way:
- Geographical map/phone with an app with directions
- Pen and paper
- A flashlight
- First aid kit
- Extra cash
- Water in bottles
- Comfort and entertainment needs – if you want to fully enjoy your road trip, you might want to include these things:
- Pillows, blankets, sleeping bags, and a tent if you plan to camp
- Toiletries, sanitisers, sunscreen, lip balms, and bug spray
- Phones, camera, speakers, and chargers
- Snacks, a lot of drinking water
- Camping or emergency essentials such as a knife, matches
- Trash bags
Once you have prepared all of these for these trip, you can now move on to the next thing to remember.
2. Come up with a rough itinerary for getting there.
Of course, your end goal is to reach Double Bay, but you still need to plan the best track, pit stops, and places you would want to visit. Here is a quick rundown on how to achieve that:
- Decide which route you will take – people usually decide on their route depending on the length of the journey, the scenery you want to see, the condition of the road, and the number of stops for convenience.
- Which stops would you like to see – coming to Double Bay, you may find yourself overwhelmed with all the things you can do. Double Bay is surrounded by museums, beaches, recreational clubs, restaurants, high-end boutiques, and so much more. So, it is wise to plan where you want to visit first to save time and money.
Here are some suggested places you could visit on the way and around Double Bay:
- Sydney Harbour
- Greater Blue Mountains
- Clark Island
- Bondi Beach
- Coogee coastal walk
- Redleaf Beach and its café
- Sydney Cricket Ground
- Centennial Park
- Watsons Bay
- Walking trails like the Federation Cliff walk
- Taronga Zoo
3. Decide where to stay.
It is vital that after a long drive, you get to rest and relax at your accommodation Sydney destination. Double Bay offers a lot of places to dine and stay. Choose a place that is close to all the places you want to visit.
4. Don’t forget to have fun!
Hey, the ultimate goal of your road trip is to enjoy it, right? Make memories and have experiences with the people you love. Remember to be prepared, be safe, and have fun!
Book the best hotel to relax after your trip at Double Bay right now!
Book your Sydney accommodation at The Savoy Double Bay Hotel. They provide clean and modern rooms with high-quality amenities and facilities. They are located at the heart of Double Bay, making it a right choice for you.