Double Bay is one of the most beautiful suburbs in Sydney. It is the home of many enticing delights located near the harbour. You will find yourself doing remarkable things like swimming in the picturesque beaches, eating amazing food at the restaurants and cafes, luxuriously shopping around the high-end stores, or enjoying the many recreational activities and sports available in the suburb.
If you’re planning to spend a weekend of fun and relaxation, book your Sydney accommodation at Double Bay where there are hundreds of activities you might enjoy.
Here are 4 fun activities for your sporting weekend at Double Bay:
1. Visit the Sydney Cricket Ground.
The Sydney Cricket Ground is a 10-minute drive from Double Bay’s central district. It is the home for several sports such as cricket, Australian rules football, rugby league, rugby union, and soccer. Other sports like tennis, baseball, cycling, and athletics also take place in this arena.
You can explore the iconic grounds itself, including their museum, and the Allianz Stadium, which was previously known as Aussie Stadium. Although, the stadium closed in 2018 for rebuilding. You can sit in the dressing rooms and feel what the legends felt while preparing for something momentous.
2. Visit Centennial Park.
Centennial Park offers a wide range of activities you and your family might enjoy over your weekend at Double Bay. A 12-minute drive from Double Bay will get you to the Centennial Park, a place where families relax and enjoy. You can enjoy activities including cycling, birdwatching, horse-riding, rollerblading, and even dog-walking.
Your kids will enjoy their time too. Aside from playing around the numerous playgrounds inside, the park offers tons of activities for them including pony rides, art classes, laser tag, and even bowling.
Centennial Park is Australia’s largest sports precinct; offering more the 35 sports played on 120 fields, tracks, and specialist sporting areas! Around half a million Australians train here every year. Indeed, a weekend is not enough!
3. Visit several beaches!
Sydney boasts a lot of beautiful beaches and activities surrounding them. Here are some of the beaches near Double Bay you can visit.
- Murray Rose Harbour Side Beach / Pool – also known as Redleaf Beach or Seven Shillings Beach. This harbour pool and swimming spot is enclosed by floating pontoons. The water is immaculate and peaceful. The sand is lovely, and so is the view. You can actually watch seaplanes coming into land. This is only 3 minutes away from the centre of Double Bay.
- Bondi Beach – if you want to feel more adventurous, a 14-minute trip to Bondi Beach might be for you. Of course, this world-famous beach offers a lot of exhilarating activities such as surfing. Learn from the professional surfers of Bondi and ride the awesome waves in no time!
- Sydney Harbour – you can also swim at the Sydney Harbour! Aside from the cultural and educational tours around the harbour, you can go for outdoor recreational activities like kayaking, paddle boarding, and snorkelling. You can also visit the Harbour Bridge!
4. Indulge in other recreational activities.
Other activities you might find interesting at Double Bay include golf, tennis, bridge, sailing, and even peaceful activities like Pilates.
Book your Sydney accommodation at Double Bay now!
The Savoy Double Bay Hotel offers an excellent Double Bay accommodation in Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs. We provide personalised clean and modern rooms with first-class amenities and facilities. Get to enjoy your weekend trip at The Savoy Double Bay Hotel, located at 41-45 Knox Street, Double Bay Sydney, 2028 NSW. Call at 02 9326 1411.